Internet Banking Agreement & Disclosure
Please read this agreement carefully before following the link at the bottom
of this page.
This Internet Banking Agreement and Disclosure governs your use
of Internet Banking. Throughout this web site the Agreement and
Disclosure will be referred to as "Agreement".
By using Internet Banking, you agree to all of the terms of this Agreement. Please
read it carefully and keep a copy for your records.
You or Your - The person(s) subscribing
to or using Internet Banking.We,
Us, or Our - Refers to The Morris County National Bank and any agent, independent
contractor, designee, or assignee of The Morris County National Bank may involve
in the provision of Internet Banking.Business Day - Any calendar
day other than Saturday, Sunday, or any holidays recognized by The Morris County National Bank. Bill payments are processed on all business days that
both the Federal Reserve Bank and the US Postal System are operating
and open for business.Business Day Cut-Off- The Morris County National Bank's primary
banking offices are located in Mesquite and base our business day
on the Central Daylight Time zone. For posting purposes, the bank
will process all transactions completed by 3:00PM on that business
date. Transactions completed after 3:00PM, including transfers, will
be processed on the following business day.
The Morris County National Bank understands how
important privacy is to our customers. We have taken steps
to insure your security and privacy for your personal and financial
dealings with the bank. Our customer privacy statement can
be obtained by clicking on the following link - Privacy
The Morris County National Bank's Internet Banking consists of an online banking web
site that provides a complete array of financial services to its customers.
The Morris County National Bank allows customers to access their data with up to 24
months of full statements and complete transaction detail.
The Internet Banking system that is accessible by The Morris County National Bank's customers
over the Internet currently consists of:
- Account Inquiries, balances, rates, etc. Secure Applications
- Up to 24 Months of Historical Transactions View Detailed Transactions
- Secure E-mails & file transfers Text DDA or Savings Statements
- Transaction Downloads Various bookkeeping services
- Account transfers Payments to our loan accounts
For customers who select Bill Payment,
these additional functions are available:
- One-time Payments Fixed Recurring Payments
- Occasional Payments Variable Recurring Payments
Special commercial services may also
be offered to accounts including:
- ACH Credit Origination Direct Deposit Originations
- ACH Debit Origination EFTPS Credit Originations
- Wire Transfer Requests Repurchase Agreement Information
The Morris County National Bank's Internet Banking system is part of the FundsXpress
Financial Network that utilizes a comprehensive security strategy to
protect your accounts and transactions conducted over the Internet.
In-depth information on many of the techniques and features employed
by the system can be viewed or printed from our website where the system's
consumer or commercial features are explained under the link for "Security." In addition to our log-on security, we use the
SSL (secure socket layer) encryption technology for everything you do in the
Internet Banking system. Your browser automatically activates this technology
when it attempts to connect to our system and it will support either the 40
or 128 bit key lengths, although we will warn you when your browser is set
to use the lower security level encryption of 40 bits. Whenever SSL is securing
your communications, the browser will typically indicate the "secure session" by
changing the appearance of a small icon of a padlock at the bottom of the screen
from open to locked. What this means to you is that your communications are
scrambled from your browser to our servers at all times so no unauthorized
party can read the information as it is carried over the Internet. In addition,
our servers have been certified by a "Certificate Authority" that will assure
you that you are actually talking to our servers instead of someone pretending
to be us. (If you are using an older browser, such as anything prior to than
versions 4.0 on Netscape or Internet Explorer, the "Certificate Authorities" key
may be expired and you may need to update it on your browser. You can obtain
instructions on how to do this by clicking on the 3x Browser SSL Update link
located here or above the "Enter" icon on the Internet Banking system login
During your use of the Internet Banking system, we will pass a "cookie" to
your browser for identifying you during the session. We do not (and can not)
use our cookies to obtain new information about you. A "cookie" is security
data that is given to a browser by a web server that is returned by the browser
on subsequent transmissions to identify the user and encryption information.
When you log onto the system, this cookie enables us to process multiple transactions
during the session without you having to provide your Access ID and passcode
for each individual transaction. When you log off, or after ten minutes, the
cookie is no longer accepted and must be renewed by requiring the passcode
to be reentered. A new cookie is used for each session. That way, no one can
use the cookie to access your account.
In addition to the security measures described above, there may be other
security notices posted on the website regarding security issues. It is
your responsibility to read all applicable notices. One of the main security
features guarding the use of the Internet Banking system is the unique
combination of your Access Code and Passcode. It is important that you
keep your Passcode secret. We will not be liable for any losses resulting
from your permitting other persons to use your Access Code and Passcode
to access the system.
If you have more questions about our security systems for conducting transactions
safely over the Internet, contact our Internet Banking department.
The Internet Banking service requires that the customer complete the
initial registration process. This involves completing a secure online
application that will identify you to The Morris County National Bank and all the information
that we will need to enable the service. The Internet Banking department
will verify the information you submitted for accuracy and authorizations.
In about one week, you will be notified when your account will be activated.
Security is very important to the Internet Banking system. At the time
you request the service, you will select a unique "Access ID" and then
choose a "passcode" that
will be used to gain access to the system. Prior to activation, the Internet
Banking department will verify your identity and authorization to information
associated with the accounts that you requested tied to the service.
To assist our customers make a good secure passcode selection, our system
uses a program called a "passcode cracker" that will not allow words
found in a dictionary or associated with your name, address or other
personal information. The system will provide helpful tips to help you
select a good passcode.
To help prevent unauthorized access and ensure the security of your accounts,
we will end your online session if we have detected no activity for
10 minutes. This is to protect you in case you accidentally leave your computer
unattended after you logged on. When you return to your computer, you
will be prompted to re-enter your passcode and your session will continue
where you left off.
Because your passcode is used to access your accounts, you should treat
it as you would any other sensitive personal data. You should carefully
select a passcode that is hard to guess. (The "passcode cracker will
encourage you to stay away from names, dates, and information that
may easily be guessed). Keep your passcode safe. Memorize your passcode
and never tell it to anyone. You may consider changing your passcode
occasionally, such as every 90 days. This can be done at any time after
you logged on from the "services" menu.
You may request to access any account where you are a signer or owner.
If you desire services that allow you to initiate payments or transfers
from the account, you will need the required withdrawal authority
over the account to be able to complete the transaction. By using
the service, you agree to maintain one or more accounts with us
and to keep sufficient balances in any account to cover any transaction
and fees that are ultimately approved by or related to the system.
If the accounts added to the service are jointly held or have multiple
signers, you agree that access to the information and all transactions
initiated by the use of your Access Code and Passcode are authorized
unless we have been notified to cancel the service.
the Internet Banking Service
The Internet Banking service is available to our existing personal
account customers at no monthly charge for all the account information
services and transfers, with the exception of the Bill Payment feature.
The Bill Payment feature is an optional service for checking accounts.
You must specifically request to have this service added. Fees for
the Bill Payment service are listed below in the Bill Payment Service
of Internet Banking
Your Internet Banking may be canceled at any time by The Morris County National Bank in
whole or part without prior notice due to insufficient funds in one of your
accounts or other circumstances that may create an unanticipated liability
to us. You will remain responsible for all transactions approved by the system
prior to the cancellation, and for any other fees associated with the service.
After cancellation, service may be reinstated once sufficient funds are available
in your accounts to cover any fees and other pending transfers or debits.
In order to reinstate services, you must call Internet Banking Service Support
listed below in the Errors and Questions section.
Inquiries, Bill Payments and Transfers Limitations
You may use Internet Banking to check the balance of your accounts and
to transfer funds among your accounts. According to Federal regulations,
you may not make more than six (6) pre-authorized or automatic transfers
or bill payments from your Money Market Deposit Account or Savings Account
during a given monthly statement period. There are no limits to the number
of transfers or bill payments from your Checking Accounts. The Morris County National Bank currently limits the bill-payment service to only Checking Accounts.
Balances shown in your accounts may include deposits subject to verification
by us. The balance may also differ from your records due to deposits
in progress, outstanding checks or other withdrawals, payments or charges.
A transfer request may not result in immediate availability because of
the time required to process the request. If you have further questions,
contact your Internet Banking Coordinator.
The balances are updated periodically and the system will display the
most current "as of" date on the "accounts" summary page. There may be situations
that cause a delay in an update of your balances. The system will use the most
current balance available at the time of a transaction to base our approval.
Information about the Stop Payment, Check Reorders, Address Change, Order Documents,
Secure E-Mail Secure File Delivery Services
The system includes several options under the "services" menu that provide
a means to securely forward your request to us for processing. Generally, requests
received from the system will be processed within one business day using procedures
that would handle similar requests received by mail or fax. If urgent action
is required, we recommend that you contact The Morris County National Bank directly by telephone
or in person. Additional terms of acceptance or disclosures may apply on the
Stop Payment service and these terms will be disclosed at the time you complete
the request. The Stop Payment feature is designed to submit a request to stop
payment on checks you have written or electronic drafts that are deducted from
your account. There may be additional fees associated with some of these services.
This service is not available to cancel the payments scheduled through the
bill payment service. If you have a problem or need to cancel a bill payment,
you will need to contact the Internet Banking department or use the "Report
A Problem" link in the "Payments" menu.
It is easy to pay bills online. Simply set up your Payees by choosing from
the database of vendors (Payees) that already exist, or by entering necessary
information to schedule a payment. We are able to process payments to payees
that have a US Postal address. Due to liability issues, we will not accept
payments to federal, state or local tax agencies. Otherwise, there is no limit
to who you pay or how many payees you may establish. We maintain a large vendor
database of regional or national billers to make this process quicker and easier.
The Bill Payment service will also allow you to see a history of all the payments
made from your accounts.
The daily limit for the total dollars of payments approved is governed by
the system's available balance in the checking account selected for making
the payment. You can withdraw up to the system's available balance as long
as your account shows sufficient funds to cover your payments. The payment
will normally be charged to your account on the business date that it is approved.
The Bill Payment service may have a $5.00 monthly flat fee for consumer and
commercial accounts. Both of these accounts will have unlimited bill payment
If for any reason a scheduled payment processed through the system is declined,
it will automatically be rescheduled for the following business day.
The system will notify you of this action by sending you a "message" that will
appear the next time you logon to the system. The system will continue to attempt
to pay the bill on the following business days until there are sufficient
funds or you cancel or reschedule it.
Although payments may be scheduled for the current business day or any
date in the future at any time, they will only be processed once a
day at our cut-off time, usually around 3:00PM CST on any business day. (If
you attempt to schedule a payment for that day after 3:00PM, the system
will notify you that you need to change the date to the next business
day.) Anything scheduled on a non-business day, or after the cut-off
time, will not be sent out until the following business day. Since
we must forward the funds and billing information to the payee, some lead-time
for payments is necessary. In general, the system will attempt to tell
you when you can expect the payment to be received by the payee. The
estimated payment arrival date is typically shown on the check where
you schedule the payment date below the amount line. (Our system assumes
the payee/vendor will promptly process the payment on the business
day it is received. Any delays caused by the payee/vendor would result in
additional days before the payment would show on their records.) By
using this service, you authorize us, and any third-party payment processing
agent we may use, to choose whatever method we feel is the most effective
method to process your transaction.
The time frames generally will be determined by the way the payment
is sent to the payee. If we have to send a paper check in the US
Postal system, we typically suggest sufficient time as five (5) business days
prior to the payee receiving the payment for processing at their
address. If the payee accepts the payment electronically, we generally define
sufficient time as two (2) business days prior to the payee receiving
the payment. In all cases, the payment will be delivered to the payee/vendor
by the tenth business day after the payment was approved and charged
to your account.
Liability for Incomplete Transactions
It is our responsibility to process all bill payments properly
initiated through the Internet Banking system in accordance with
this Agreement. We will be liable for damages, as defined in this
Agreement, where the system caused a payment delay or failed to
process a payment to be received by the payee/vendor by the tenth
business day following the date your account was charged for the
payment. Transfers will be processed within two business days of
the completed transfer transaction. We will not be liable if any
of the following occurs:
- Funds are not showing on the system's available balance
in your account that is to pay for the bill or transfer at the time of transaction.
are subject to legal process or other encumbrances restricting the payment
- You had knowledge of or questions about the possible
malfunction of the system when you initiated the transaction.
information provided by you about the Payee is incorrect.
are any delays in the handling of the payment by the Payees.
disasters (fire, flood, tornado, etc.) or other uncontrollable
circumstances (mail delays, power failures, etc.) prevent proper completion
and delivery of transactions.
- Other applicable laws and/or regulations
exempt us from liability.
- It can be shown that the merchant or payee
received the payment within the normal delivery timeframe and failed
to process the payment through no fault of Internet Banking or
our service providers.
- It can be shown that the delay was caused
by unusual mailing delays by the US Post Office.
We will reimburse you up to $50 per payment for any late payment
fees or penalties you are charged as a result of the Payee/Vendor
not receiving a payment by the Due Date if all the following apply:
- You scheduled the payment before the cut-off time on a transaction
date at least ten (10) business days prior to the Due Date.
information was provided to us about the Payee (name, address,
account number, and amount).
- Your account contained sufficient
available funds to complete the payment or transaction on
the transaction date.
- The Payee was a Business Payee that charges
late charges or penalties.
- Late payment fees or penalties
were assessed by the Payee due to the delay of this payment.
received no prior notice from the Payee/Vendor that there
was a problem with processing payments from our system.
- You received
no notice within the ten business day period that would have allowed
you to alert our Internet Banking department of a problem where we could
have taken corrective action to remedy the situation prior to the tenth day.
^back to top
MOBILE CHECK DEPOSIT SERVICE
MOBILE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Eligible Enrollees. You have agreed to accept mobile banking services (the "Services") in accordance with these Mobile Terms and Conditions. The Services are only available to Internet banking customer of your financial institution. The terms and conditions of your Internet Banking and Bill Payment Agreement apply to Internet banking and bill payment services that you receive through the Service. By accepting and using the Service, you agree to comply with your Internet Banking and Bill Payment Agreement as well as these Mobile Terms and Conditions.
2. General. Access to your financial institution's Internet banking services via your mobile device is powered by the mobile technology solution owned by mFoundry, Inc (the "Licensor"). The Licensor is not the provider of any of the financial services available to you through the Software (defined below), and Licensor is not responsible for any of the materials, information, products or services made available to you through the Software.
3. Ownership. You acknowledge and agree that the Licensor is the owner of all right, title and interest in and to the mobile technology solution made available to you hereunder, including but not limited to any downloaded software and the computer programs contained therein, as well as any accompanying user documentation, and all subsequent copies, updates or versions thereof, regardless of the media or form in which they may exist (all of which is collectively referred to herein as the "Software"). You may not use the Software unless you have first accepted the Mobile Terms and Conditions.
4. License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted a personal, nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use the Software (in machine readable object code form only) in accordance with the terms of this Agreement and for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefits of your financial institution's services made available via the Software. This is not a sale of the Software. All rights not expressly granted to you by this Agreement are hereby reserved by the Licensor. Nothing in this license will entitle you to receive hard-copy documentation, technical support, telephone assistance, or updates to the Software. This license may be terminated at any time, for any reason or no reason, by you, the Licensor or your financial institution. Upon termination, you agree to immediately destroy all copies of any Software which had been downloaded to your mobile device or otherwise in your possession or control.
5. Restrictions. You shall not: (i) modify, revise or create any derivative works of the Software; (ii) decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Software; (iii) redistribute, sell, rent, lease, sublicense, or otherwise transfer rights to the Software; or (iv) remove or alter any proprietary notices, legends, symbols or labels in the Software, including, but not limited to, any trademark, logo or copyright of Licensor or your financial institution.
6. Updates. The terms of this Agreement will govern any updates that replace and/or supplement the original Software, unless such update is accompanied by a separate license in which case the terms of that license will govern.
7. Text Messages. Text messaging services are provided by your financial institution and not by any other third party. You and your financial institution are solely responsible for the content transmitted through text messages sent between you and your financial institution. You must provide source indication in any text messages you send (e.g. mobile telephone number, "From" field in text message, etc.) You are responsible for any text message fees charged by your wireless carrier.
8. Consent to Use of Data. You agree that the Licensor may collect and use technical data and related information, including but not limited to technical information about your device, system and application software, and peripherals, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services (if any) related to the Software. The Licensor may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to improve its products or to provide services or technologies.
9. Export Restrictions. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Software except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Software was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the Software may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S. embargoed countries or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person's List or Entity List. By using the Software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use the Software for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons.
10. U.S. Government Restricted Rights. The Software is commercial computer software subject to RESTRICTED RIGHTS. In accordance with 48 CFR 12.212 (Computer software) or DFARS 227.7202 (Commercial computer software and commercial computer software documentation), as applicable, the use, duplication, and disclosure of the Software by the United States of America, its agencies or instrumentalities is subject to the restrictions set forth in this Agreement.
11. Disclaimer of Warranty. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ON AN 'AS IS' AND 'AS AVAILABLE' BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NO WARRANTY IS PROVIDED THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL BE FREE FROM DEFECTS OR VIRUSES OR THAT OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED. YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE AND ANY MATERIAL OR SERVICES OBTAINED OR ACCESSED VIA THE SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM THEIR USE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. Limitation of Liability. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL MFOUNDRY OR ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF, AND REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH ANY CLAIM IS BASED. IN ANY CASE, THE LICENSOR'S LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE SHALL NOT EXCEED IN THE AGGREGATE THE SUM OF THE FEES PAID BY YOU FOR THIS LICENSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and the Licensor concerning the subject matter hereof. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California, excluding that body of laws pertaining to conflict of laws. If any provision of this Agreement is determined by a court of law to be illegal or unenforceable, such provision will be enforced to the maximum extent possible and the other provisions will remain effective and enforceable. All disputes relating to this Agreement are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of California and you expressly consent to jurisdiction and venue thereof and therein. This Agreement and all related documentation is and will be in the English language. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is hereby expressly waived and excluded.
END USER TERMS FOR SMS
The services are separate and apart from any other charges that may be assessed by your wireless carrier for text messages sent to or received from your financial institution. You are responsible for any fees or other charges that your wireless carrier may charge for any related data or message services, including without limitation for short message service.
The services are provided by your financial institution and not by any other third party. You and your financial institution are solely responsible for the content transmitted through the text messages sent to and from your financial institution. You must provide source indication in any messages you send (e.g., mobile telephone number, 'From' field in text message, etc.).
END USER TERMS FOR MOBILE CHECK DEPOSIT
This Service is designed to allow you to present an image of a legal representation, as defined by federal law, of a check to be deposited into your Institutions checking or savings account electronically.
Service Definitions "Service" refers to Mobile Check Deposit Service of the MORRIS COUNTY NATIONAL BANK. "You" refers to the MORRIS COUNTY NATIONAL BANK. "I", "me", and "mine" shall refer to each Member/Customer who is eligible for and uses Mobile Check Deposit. "Business Day" is every Monday through Friday, excluding Federal Reserve holidays.
As part of this Service, I must only use official and up to date Financial Institution applications. I am responsible for all the data that I, submit to you which must accurately represent the information on the original check(s). I agree that the electronic image of the item submitted to the MORRIS COUNTY NATIONAL BANK, as defined by federal law, is a legal representation of the check for all purposes, including return check processing.
When using this Service, I may experience technical or other difficulties. You do not assume liability for any technical or other difficulties that I may incur. You reserve the right to change, suspend or revoke services, immediately and at any time without prior notice to me. In the event this Service is not available to me, I acknowledge that I can attempt to deposit my check at a branch office location, through a participating ATM, or by mail.
Eligible Accounts Only Checking and Savings accounts are eligible for this Service.
Charges or Fees
The MORRIS COUNTY NATIONAL BANK does not charge a usage fee for this Service. You reserve the right to start charging for this Service at any time. If an item I transmit for deposit is dishonored, rejected or otherwise returned unpaid, I agree that you may charge back the amount of the return to the account the check was originally deposited to and I will be assessed a fee in the amount shown on the Financial Institutions current Schedule of Fees and Charges for a returned check. If there are not sufficient funds in my account to cover the amount of the returned check, the account will be overdrawn and I will be responsible for payment. I agree the Financial Institution may debit any account maintained by me in order to obtain payment of my obligations under this Agreement. I acknowledge that wireless providers may assess fees, limitations, or restrictions. I agree that I am solely responsible for all such fees, limitations, and restrictions, and that you may contact me via my wireless device for any purpose concerning my accounts at the Financial Institution, including but not limited to account servicing and collection purposes.
Eligible Items I agree to scan and deposit only "checks" as that term is defined in Federal Reserve Regulation CC, Availability of Funds and Collection of Checks.
Ineligible Items I agree that I will not use this Service to scan and deposit any ineligible items including but not limited to the following:
Endorsement Requirements I agree to endorse all items with my signature, my account number, and print "For Mobile Deposit Only" on all items. The MORRIS COUNTY NATIONAL BANK reserves the right to reject all items that are not endorsed as specified.
DEPOSIT LIMITS: When using the Service to deposit funds, such deposits are limited to $2,500 per check.
Receipt of Items You reserve the right to reject any item transmitted through this Service, at your discretion. You are not liable for items you do not receive or for images that are not transmitted completely. An image is considered received when I receive a confirmation screen after submitting my Mobile Check Deposit. However, such notification does not mean that the transmission was without error. Once an item is reviewed and approved, my account will be credited at the end of the business day.
Retention and Disposal of Items I agree to retain each Mobile Check Deposit item for seven business days after my funds have been posted to my account. After seven business days, I agree to dispose of the item(s) in a way that prevents representing for payment (i.e. shredding). Upon receipt of these funds I agree to mark the item prominently as "Void", and I agree to store each retained item in a secured locked container until such proper disposal is performed. I will promptly provide any retained item to the Financial Institution as requested to aid in the clearing and collection process or to resolve claims by third parties with respect to any item.
^back to top
Your Rights and Liabilities
Notify us immediately if your Access ID and Passcode have been compromised,
lost, stolen or used without your authorization. Failure to notify us immediately
could result in the loss of all money accessible by the passcode. Telephoning
us at the number listed below in the Errors and Questions section is the best
way of limiting your possible loss. You could lose all the money in your account
(plus your maximum overdraft line of credit, if you have one).
If we are notified within two (2) business days after you discover that your
Access ID and Passcode has been compromised, lost or stolen, you can lose
no more than $50 if someone used it without your permission. If you do not
notify us within two (2) business days, and we can prove we could have prevented
someone from using the Access ID and Passcode without your permission, you
could lose as much as $500.
If your statement shows unauthorized transfers, notify us within 60 days
after the statement is mailed to you or viewed on your computer. After
60 days, if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the
money if we had been told, you may not get back any money from us. If a
good reason, (such as a long trip or hospital stay) kept you from telling us,
we may extend the time periods to a reasonable time.
In cases of errors or questions concerning transactions completed with
Internet Banking, do one of the following, as soon as possible:
- Telephone Internet Banking Service Support at (903) 897 - 5668; or
to: Internet Banking Service Support, The Morris County National Bank, 917 Military
Parkway, Mesquite, Texas 75149 ; or
- Initiate a payment inquiry on your PC through
e-mail to email@example.com
We must hear from you within 60 days
after you receive the first statement or notification in which the error
or problem appeared. Please include the following information:
- Account Number and your Access ID
- Description of the error or what you are
unsure about, plus an explanation of why you believe it is an error or
why you need more information.
- Tell us the amount of the error.
- For a Bill Payer error tell us:
- Checking account number used to pay the bill
- Payee name
- Date the payment sent
- Confirmation number
- Payment amount
- Payee account number for the payment in question
We will tell you the results of our investigation
within ten (10) business days after we hear from you (20 business days if
the transaction involved a new account). If we need more time we may take
up to 45 business days to investigate (90 business days if the transaction
involved a new account). If we choose to take up to 45 business days, we
will give you a provisional credit to your account within ten (10) business
days (20 business days if the transaction involved a new account). Your account
is considered a new account for the first 30 days after the first deposit
is made, unless each of you already has an established account with us before
this account is opened. If we decide there was no error, we will furnish
you with a written explanation within three (3) business days after the investigation
of Account Information to Third Parties
Information to third parties about your account(s) or the transaction(s)
you make will only be disclosed if at least one of the following applies:
- It is necessary to complete a transaction.
- To verify the existence
and condition of your account to a third party such as a credit bureau
- To comply with a governmental agency or court order.
- If permission
is given to us by you, which we may require to be in writing.
- To collect information for internal use, the
use of our service providers, and our servicing agents and contractors
concerning our electronic funds transfer service.
- It involves
a claim by or against us concerning a deposit to or withdrawal
from your account.
- Where otherwise required or permitted
under state or federal laws and/or regulations.
When any payment or other on-line service generates items to be charged
to your account, you agree that we may debit the designated account,
or the account on which the item is drawn, without requiring your signature
on the item and without any notice to you.
The Morris County National Bank is not responsible for any electronic virus or viruses
that you may encounter. We encourage our customers to routinely scan
their PC and diskettes using a reliable virus product to detect and
remove any viruses. Undetected or unrepaired viruses may corrupt and
destroy your programs, files and even your hardware. Additionally,
you may unintentionally transmit the virus to other computers.
Statements and other Special Printing Instructions
For certain accounts, our statement format may be wider than your browser's
default printer setting support and may not automatically print correctly or
cut off the right-hand side of the page. Our "help" section will explain how
to change the browser's printer settings to show the entire statement. Additionally,
many of our pages actually contain several areas of information. To print the
section that you want, you may want to always click once in the area with the
left mouse button to let the browser know which "frame" section you want to
You may terminate the use of Internet Banking by contacting The Morris County National Bank
in writing by mail, e-mail, or personal delivery to The Morris County National Bank. If
your account is closed or restricted for any reason, Internet Banking accessibility
will automatically terminate.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the
laws of the State of Texas.
This agreement may not be assigned to any other party by you. We may assign
or delegate, in part or whole, to any third party.
The Morris County National Bank is a member of the FundsXpress™ Financial Network and The Morris County National Bank's Internet Banking is a product of FundsXpress, Inc. FundsXpress
and the FundsXpress™ Financial Network are a trademark of FundsXpress, Inc.
Unauthorized reproduction in whole or part is prohibited.
Terms and conditions of this agreement may be amended in whole or part
at any time within 30 days written notification prior to the change
taking effect. If you do not agree with the change(s), you must notify
us in writing prior to the effective date to cancel your access. Amendments
or changes to term(s) or condition(s) may be made without prior notice
if it does not result in higher fees, more restrictive service use,
or increased liability to you.
This Agreement supplements any other agreements or disclosures related
to your account(s), including the Deposit Account Agreement and Disclosures.
If there is a conflict between this Agreement and any others, or
any statements made by employees or agents, this agreement shall
Users of the FundsXpress Financial Network
FundsXpress is in the business of providing electronic services
to enable financial institution clients to make available to their customers
or members the ability to conduct financial transactions and inquiries
via the worldwide web or the "Internet." It is the nature of the financial
services industry that financial institutions and their customers or members
have high expectations regarding the level of confidentiality and privacy
with which information is treated. FundsXpress has adopted this Privacy
Policy, which sets forth the general manner in which FundsXpress will take
reasonable steps to safeguard and control the flow of information regarding
users of the FundsXpress Financial Network.™
Recognition of the desire of users that their information be treated confidentially
FundsXpress understands that institutions, and their customers or members,
expect that their financial information and transactions will be handled in
a confidential manner. FundsXpress has established safeguards for sensitive
information that has been entrusted to FundsXpress to prevent the misuse or
unauthorized access of this information. Therefore, it is the policy of FundsXpress
that all such information be disclosed to third parties only when:
- The user, either directly or through the institution, is believed to have
requested or authorized the disclosure;
- It is necessary to complete a transaction or service; or
- It is required or allowed by law (such as, but not limited to, reporting
information to legal authorities, regulatory agencies, or other appropriate
investigators in connection with a legal investigation or similar matter,
responding to a subpoena or court order, and reporting information to a credit
reporting agency in accordance with applicable requirements).
FundsXpress users are assigned or select a passcode to enable them to initiate
transactions and request services utilizing the FundsXpress Financial
Network™. These passcodes should be guarded closely and should be treated
as private. Sometimes a financial institution may assign a temporary
passcode so that the customer/member can select a passcode that only
they know the next time they access the system. The passcode is stored
on the FundsXpress' system in a one-way hash to insure that no one at
FundsXpress knows or can retrieve this passcode. The customer/member
should not disclose the passcode to anyone at FundsXpress or anyone else.
No employee or agent of FundsXpress will ever ask for or receive your
passcode. If anyone attempts to obtain your passcode or if you have reason
to believe that the security of your passcode has been compromised, you
should contact FundsXpress' customer service department at 800-421-1105
General Security Measures
The FundsXpress Internet banking system is part of the FundsXpress Financial
Network™ that utilizes a comprehensive security strategy to protect your accounts
and transactions conducted over the Internet. In-depth information on many
of the techniques and features employed by the system are detailed under our
discussion of security [link]. In addition to FundsXpress' log-on security,
FundsXpress uses SSL (secure socket layer) encryption [link] technology for
everything you do in the Internet banking system. Your browser automatically
activates this technology when it attempts to connect to the FundsXpress system
and it will support either the 40 or 128 bit key lengths (click here [link]
for the difference between 40 bit and 128 bit encryption). For enhanced security,
FundsXpress recommends that you use a browser that supports 128 bit key lengths,
and FundsXpress will warn you when your browser is set to use the lower security
level encryption of 40 bits. Whenever SSL is securing your communications,
the browser will typically indicate the "secure session" [link] by changing
the appearance of a small icon, such as a key or a padlock, at the bottom of
the screen. In addition, FundsXpress' servers have been certified by a "Certificate
Authority" that will ensure you that you are actually talking to FundsXpress'
servers instead of someone pretending to be FundsXpress. (If you are using
an older browser, such as anything prior to than versions 4.0 on Netscape or
Internet Explorer, the "Certificate Authorities" key may be expired and you
may need to update [link] it on your browser.
During your use of the FundsXpress Internet banking system, FundsXpress will
pass a cookie [link] to your browser for identifying you during the session.
you. A cookie [link] simply provides another level of security for your Internet
The design, policies, procedures, staff, hardware and software selected
for the FundsXpress system are chosen with security in mind so all
transactions will be safe and secure. Not only by policy, but also
by incorporating many internal security systems FundsXpress minimizes
its employees' ability to access personal information relating to
customers. Despite all FundsXpress' efforts related to security,
like any other technology-based system, a security breach may occur.
Technology relating to Internet security is evolving rapidly, as
are ways to circumvent that security. Although FundsXpress uses state
of the art security measures and takes every reasonable effort to
stay abreast of developments in Internet security, there is always
the possibility that someone will find a way to gain unauthorized
access to any system, including the FundsXpress' system. If you suspect
that anyone has gained unauthorized access to your account or the
system, you should immediately contact FundsXpress' customer service
department at 800-421-1105 or firstname.lastname@example.org, even if there does not
appear to be any loss involved. It is the policy of FundsXpress to investigate
all such matters promptly. Electronic theft is a crime, and if FundsXpress
suspects that someone has attempted or perpetrated an electronic theft, FundsXpress
would like to have your cooperation in taking the appropriate, remedial measures.
"Visit" traces, monitoring and collecting certain information
FundsXpress collects and maintains information on the users of the FundsXpress'
services to enable FundsXpress to be responsive to user needs, to manage its
lawful business, and to maintain appropriate records. Generally speaking this
information falls into two broad categories: (1) information that is generated
when a user contacts FundsXpress electronically, simply by virtue of the manner
in which Internet communications are initiated and handled, and (2) information
which is expressly or incidentally created in connection with a transaction
or providing a service.
FundsXpress reserves the right to monitor and make records of transactions
and interchanges made over its networks. You will not necessarily be told (unless
the notification is required by law) that a transaction or interchange in which
you are participating is being monitored or recorded. Monitoring and recording
transactions or interchanges may be initiated, for example, if FundsXpress
suspected a possible breach in security or some other problem that would make
it appropriate to monitor or maintain these records. FundsXpress would never
use this information for any improper purposes or distribute it to third parties,
except as required or permitted by law.
If you would like to know what information FundsXpress has collected
regarding your use of the FundsXpress system, contact email@example.com.
After reviewing the information, if you believe any of the information
is in error, contact firstname.lastname@example.org , explain the alleged
discrepancy, and if the information is incorrect, FundsXpress will
update it promptly. In addition, if you believe any information FundsXpress
has collected about you has been used for an improper purpose, contact
email@example.com, and explain your concerns in as much detail
as possible so FundsXpress may take any appropriate action.
FundsXpress has a number of links to other sites. These are offered as a courtesy
and a convenience. FundsXpress assumes no responsibility for the content,
safety, security, or privacy of any such site or any transactions with
respect thereto. If you have questions or concerns about any other site's
policy regarding these matters, you should contact that site or its sponsor.
Amendments and changes
FundsXpress reserves the right to amend or change this policy at anytime and
without notice. For the most current version of this policy, contact FundsXpress'
customer service department at 800-421-1105 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A word about Cookies
Most people have heard about "cookies," and much of what is said has people
worried about them. A cookie is a very small text file sent by a web server
and stored on a browser so that it can be read back later. Cookies cannot "read" information
about you from your hard drive or be used to "steal" information about you;
cookies don't carry viruses; and cookies are not programs that can perform
functions on your computer.
Cookies are a basic way for a server to identify you (most cookies
actually identify the computer you happen to be using at the time,
not you personally), and cookies are used for many things from personalizing
start up pages to facilitating on line purchases. Cookies do perform
a very important function when you engage in secure Internet banking.
When you log onto the system, a cookie enables FundsXpress to process
multiple transactions during the session without you having to provide
your Access ID and passcode for each individual transaction. When
you log off, or after ten minutes, the cookie is no longer accepted
and must be renewed by requiring the passcode to be reentered. A
new cookie is used for each session. That way, no one can use the
prior cookie to access your account.